The Influencer Business: 101
A Bootcamp for Influencers Ready to be their Own Manager
This group coaching program is designed for nano, micro, and macro influencers who are ready to learn the business world of being an influencer.
My name is Josh Watson and I am the founder and head talent manager at Boost Society, a talent agency that specializes in helping social media influencers get the most out of their business. Over the past 3+ years I have worked with some of the greatest influential individuals in the influencer world and found that even the biggest names in the industry, still need help, support and are always open to learning more and because of this, we created The Influencer Business: 101 program.
This program is going to show you the ins and outs of the Influencer Business and teach you how to navigate it before you are in need of or are ready for your own talent manager. The program will be limited to a small group of individuals for the most amount of support and learning.
Have you ever felt like you are under quoting for your services or just do not understand the contract a brand sends over?
I get it! There is so much uncertainty within the influencer world and because of that it is hard to know…
- “When should I charge for my services?”
- “Then, what should I even charge for those services?”
- “What is all this lawyer gibberish in this contract?”
- “How do I know what I am even agreeing to?”
- “Will I get paid?”
- And the list of questions could go on forever
Good thing there are people who can help with that right?
Having a talent manager is great (don't get me wrong, that's OUR bread and butter)
…but the time needs to be right and you have to be in a place where you require support and are able to share some of your earnings with that manager or agent. Therefore, we thought, why not come up with a solution so that you can learn what you need in order to understand and cover yourself BUT to also be more prepared when it is time to get your own manager or agent.
After getting the right tools from this program to understand the business side of being an influencer, you will be able to:
The Countdown is on!
Apply to potentially be a part of the first group coaching Boost Society has ever offered!
This program will be broken up into 7 modules, from the basics, to the final details to take your business to the next level until it is time for a manager.
- Break down the 3 influencer marketing players: brands, PR agencies, & influencer platforms
- Pros and cons of working with brands, PR agencies, and influencer platforms
- Learn what each of the influencer marketing players care most about
- Learn what to expect in working with each of the influencer marketing players
- BONUS: Interview with a world renowned brand & Global PR agency to get insights and tips on collabs
- Learn the differences between gifting and paid partnerships
- Find out how to turn gifting into paid partnerships
- Learn to use gifting to your advantage
- Get tips on when to start charging and how to price yourself
- BONUS: Rate card graphic with MUST KNOW tips for pricing yourself
- Get tips for how to do “cold calling/emailing” and pitch brands
- Learn to reply to brand emails with business etiquette while getting the info you need
- BONUS: Email pitch template for pitching brands
- BONUS: Email template for common inbound responses
- BONUS: Questions to Ask checklist to get all the information you need
- Learn to sell yourself to brands and PR agencies
- Find out how to offer more services and upsell
- Get tips to create a bigger partnership
- Learn to negotiate with brands to get the most from each collaboration
- Learn to read and understand a contract
- Find out what to look for in a contract, what to charge for, and what to expect
- Get tips for negotiating the contract based on what is in it
- BONUS: Three FREE contracts to help with negotiations
- In-depth contract: highlights things to ask about
- “Perfect” contract: shows what a contract looks like you should be happy to sign
- Contract template: get a simple contract template for gifting or exchange partnerships so the brand knows exactly what to expect
- Break down the next steps after signing a contract
- Get tips and strategies for if brands push back or want changes so that both sides are happy with the results
- Learn to invoice and about software options to use
- Get strategies for staying on top of payments
- Get tips for what to do when a brand doesn’t pay on time (or at all!)
- Learn to properly deliver your results for the collaboration
- Find out how to best give and get feedback on the collaboration
- BONUS: Multiple invoice templates to use for billing brands
- BONUS: Final Report PDF to use with your stats to showcase your results
- Get tips and strategies to keep your business organized
- Learn ways to streamline processes within your business
- Find the best tools for your business and how to best use them
- BONUS: Downloadable graphic with folder structure for stats
- BONUS: Infographic of tools and processes to organize yourself and streamline your business
- Get tips for deciding the best time to get a manager/agent
- Find out the truth behind the myths about managers/agents
- See how this program prepares you to be your own manager until the time is right to hire one
You still think there is not enough value?....You will also get access to a members-only WhatsApp Chat & Facebook Group
If you are chosen to join the The Influencer Business: 101 private coaching program, you will get access to a WhatsApp chat for your specific group as well join a members-only Facebook Group that is for all new and old TIB: 101 members.
I (Josh) will be available via the chat and will also be active on the Facebook group to engage with everyone.
Package Prices & Payments Options
This program will teach you the ins and outs so that you are able to get yourself higher value from your collaborations and business ventures as an influencer.
LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE (10-12)
Want some extra time with Josh to focus on just you and your business? Check out the package with 1-on-1 Coaching as well below!
With the extra 1-on-1 coaching with Josh you will be getting two extra hours of private coaching calls with Josh where you can dive into personal business situations where he can give you insight and support. This experience will allow Josh to deep dive into your business, your passions, and your goals and help you get on the right track to growing your business to the next level.
If you are interested in further 1-on-1 support after the IB: 101 program, we would love to discuss how we can work together to continue to help you excel and grow your business.
hear from our team
Boost Society works with talented individuals from all over the world and we pride ourselves on making them feel supported and protected by our agency. They rely on us knowing that we have their back and have the knowledge to support their business.
And if you want to see the rest of the roster of incredible talent we work with to get a feel of the variety of creators we help…
FAQ - Still Have Questions?
TIB: 101 is a private coaching program created to help all level of influencers understand how to successfully run their businesses. It will teach you the basics and more that you need to know in order to be your own manager or agent so that you can work solo until it is the time to build your team and add a manager.
TIB: 101 focuses on the business side of the industry and how to run your business as an influencer.
This means that this course will not help with becoming an influencer, audience growth, camera gear, shooting, editing, etc.
If that is what you are looking for, unfortunately this program is not for you...but possibly in the future!
We are trying to help as many established influencers as we can to give them the knowledge they need to elevate their business to the next level.
You will learn how the brain of a talent manager/agent works. How they speak to clients, negotiate, push back and get their talent the best situation possible.
You will also learn how to smoothly run your business, stay organized, and impress all your collaboration partners.
Taking the tools you learn in this program and truly putting them into action will show results but in the end, it will be up to you to adapt and change the way you run your business to take it to the next level...but the learnings in this program and having Josh in your corner is a HUGE Boost of support.
This is almost the best of both worlds. You are going to be getting the tools, teachings and content you would expect from an online course, but delivered to you by Josh Watson himself on private group calls.
Josh will be doing live presentations and walk throughs of each modules, while also providing you with downloadable content for you to access after each module call.
If you choose to have the extra 1-on-1 time with Josh, you will be getting PRIVATE calls with Josh and yourself to discuss anything to do with your business and for him to give you insight into how to grow your business to the next level.
If you have not found an answer on this page and have another question about the TIB: 101 program, please do not hesitate to reach out to Josh using the form below and he will get right back to you.
The program itself will not bring you more opportunities...BUT it will teach you how to actively work on your relationships with brands, reach out and pitch them, and charge more for partnerships when you are ready.
This program is for the individuals who really want to learn the business side of being an influencer and be more confident during the process.
TIB: 101 will be spread out over 2 months, with four modules happening per month.
But, you will have access to the Facebook Group during and after the program...forever.
The application process closes on July 7th, 2020 at 11:59PM.
Since TIB: 101 has this application process, Josh and his team will be going through applications during the first part of July and the indidivuals who have been selected to join the program (10-12) will be contacted directly via email mid to late July.
The TIB: 101 program will begin sometime during the beginning of August and go until late September or Early October (8 weeks).
Due to the fact we want to keep the TIB: 101 program informative and supportive, we have decided that each TIB: 101 will only accept 10-12 individuals.
This is why it is time sensitive to apply and get your name in front of Josh so that he can review your application and see if you are a good fit.
Unfortunately, as it is a virtual group coaching program and not an online course, we will not be able to offer refunds.
If you are on the fence, please email us using the form below with any questions and we would be happy to help.